Re: Spikewatch testing

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Spikewatch testing
Date: 2005-08-26 20:49:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Jim,

> Spikewatch is testing a number of different open-source components,
> including ours. If you click on a green datapoint, you can see what our
> actual code-coverage was for that test (presumably they're running the
> regression tests). Unfortunately, the banner ad I saw for them showed
> MySQL (along with a bunch of other things), but not PostgreSQL.

Yeah, there's portions of the web interface that still have wrong
referents. I'll bug them again about that.

> Is it worth trying to promote this as a way to promote PostgreSQL? Also,
> is it worth trying to improve our test coverage?

Actually, they'll be running a contest (with prizes up to $2500) for
improved test coverage for OSS applications. I've been trying to get
someone to commit to helping me on the contest, so that PostgreSQL can
participate.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus