Re: pgperl vs dbd-perl

From: David <dbree(at)duo-county(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>, David <dbree(at)duo-county(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgperl vs dbd-perl
Date: 2005-08-10 20:22:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 08:28:13PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>Is PgPerl still viable or is DBD the way to go?

> >DBD::Pg is the way to go, for numerous reasons. DBI is very well
> >supported.

> DBI/DBD is also what Perl considers standard.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

Well, it's still unanimous, and coming from people who have my respect.

Spent yesterday reading the DBD::Pg mailing list. Now plan on studying
the manpages for DBD and for DBI. It shouldn't be much of a chore
rewriting what little I've done so far into DBI code.

Thanks again to everyone who replied. Maybe I've already said it, but I
thought I was seeing just what all of you have said, but just wasn't
sure.