Re: BUG #1797: Problem using Limit in a function, seqscan

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Magno Leite <magnomilk(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1797: Problem using Limit in a function, seqscan
Date: 2005-07-29 14:06:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-performance

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 13:52:45 +0100,
Magno Leite <magnomilk(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:

> I looked for about this problem in BUG REPORT but I can't find. This is my
> problem, when I try to use limit in a function, the Postgre doesn't use my
> index, then it use sequencial scan. What is the problem ?

You haven't described the problem well enough to allow us to help you and
you posted it to the wrong list. This should be discussed on the performance
list, not the bug list.

It would help if you showed us the query you are running and run it outside
of the function with EXPLAIN ANALYSE and show us that output. Depending
on what that output shows, we may ask you other questions.