Too many processes

From: "Fabio Hecht - Nitrodev" <fabio(at)nitrodev(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Too many processes
Date: 2005-07-19 14:12:32
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi!

Can anyone help me?

I have a Linux/Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL server. It has about 35 concurrent
clients. The problem is it quickly (in about 4 hours) reaches 150 httpd and
postmaster processes, making it stop responding. I tried both pg_connect()
and pg_pconnect(), and I got similar results. I don't think I should
increase MaxClients beyond 150, because it doesn't have that many clients.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Fabio