Problem with Cygwin 1.5.18

From: "Support" <support(at)novaelec(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with Cygwin 1.5.18
Date: 2005-07-13 16:58:41
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello!

I've updated today to Cygwin 1.5.18 because I wanted to install PostgreSQL
7.4.5.1.

Six months ago I installed Cygwin + PostgreSQL without problem, but today,
with this new Cygwin, it's totally impossible install anything. I follow
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_CYGWIN.html but when I run the next
command:

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1

It doesn't create the dir "data" and returns a error related with "cp" and
"/dev/null.exe"

Well, I tried to install PostgreSQL 8, and using before of
"/usr/sbin/cygserver &" the command "export CYGWIN=server" I can run

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1

with a success, but the problem comes later, when

postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

returns a "segmentation fault (core dumped)".

I've tried ALL in this world and I've been reading forums, FAQs, everything.
but nothing :(

I'm crazy :( And the most terrible is I need for today PostgreSQL working.

Thanks in advance, please, write me back as soon as posible.

Technical Support

NovaElec

tel: 902 38 00 00

fax: 956 86 06 49

mail: <mailto:support(at)novaelec(dot)es> support(at)novaelec(dot)es