Re: Instalacion de Postgresql en Linux con Varios procesadores

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)surnet(dot)cl>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Instalacion de Postgresql en Linux con Varios procesadores
Date: 2005-06-24 17:02:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 09:47:12AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >Con respecto a tu pregunta, si, PostgreSQL tiene automaticamente en
> >cuenta el numero de procesadores (mejor dicho, le deja esta tarea al
> >sistema operativo).
>
> For anyone else who was dying to note what these guys were saying about
> us ;)
>

> This is a list in ingles. In order to make questions in Castilian I
> suggest the ready pgsql-be-aid to you in this same servant. With respect
> to your question, if, PostgreSQL considers automaticamente I number of
> processors (rather, it leaves this task him to the operating system).

Rather funny :-) Particularly "the ready pgsql-be-aid" which should be
"the pgsql-es-ayuda list".

I also note that the translation robot made the correct distinction
between "sí" and "si", which are "yes" and "if" respectively, but it
didn't note that I voluntarily made a typo :-)

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Someone said that it is at least an order of magnitude more work to do