LWE-SF: New plans, with eDB

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LWE-SF: New plans, with eDB
Date: 2005-06-16 19:10:11
Lists: sfpug

Folks,

As it turns out, EnterpriseDB will have a 20x20 booth at LWE, and they
would *love* to share it with the community. So we'll be operating out
of their booth.

Which means that David and Githogori will be organizing volunteers, swag,
etc. Here's the things that need to be done based on last year:

Volunteers: We need at least 2 volunteers per time slot for 6 time slots
(2 per day), with a strong preference for 3 volunteers for Tuesday AM.

Load-In/Out: we also need 2 people for load-in and load-out (grabbing our
stuff), although eDB may help with this.

Sales Permit: We need to apply for a temporary sales permit. Since the
Foundation's 501(c)3 is pending, it would be better to get it as a local
business even though we'll have to pay sales tax. Elein, this means you.

Banner: I have this.

T-shirts for Vols: I have this.

Swag:
Flyers: we're going to need to update and print flyers for OSCON as well,
so we can do one run for both cons. See discussion on -advocacy.
CDs: Same as above. This needs a major sponsor.
Pins: Elein has these.
Books: I have a bunch of out-of-date PG books it would be good to give
away.

Furnishings: Unlike the .org booth, our furnishings are not provided. D&G
will need to coordinate with eDB what they'll order for us.

Display: We also won't be able to use the nice LTSP terminals. This means
providing our own PCs for display. Again, we should coordinate this with
eDB; they were probably planning on leasing some.

Food & Water: we should bring in a case of water. Daily runs to the
sandwich shop worked last year for food.

D&G, I now hand this over to you ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus