Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-09 16:34:19
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> All the work is currently being done by people that know HTML so
> initially that is all the support that is required, however in the
> longterm this will definitely be useful.

Well, that's certainly self-fulfilling.

The reason why the number of PostgreSQL websites keeps expanding is partly
because the main site is pretty useless to the majority of the community
for sharing information. I know that I specifically stopped submitting
stuff to Techdocs because I spend more time doing HTML markup than I did
writing articles ... and that it was impossible to keeps stuff up to date
because it's so hard to edit. And the Brazillian community members I
talked to aren't interested in creating or utilizing a Brazillian version
of the main site because it doesn't allow them to share information the
way their wiki does.

If you and Robert are happy being the sole content providers for
PostgreSQL.org in perpetuity, then by all means don't use a CMS. But
maybe you should recognize what you're doing.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions