Re: FW: PostgreSQL JDBC Installation

From: Nelson Arapé <narape(at)ica(dot)luz(dot)ve>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: PostgreSQL JDBC Installation
Date: 2005-06-08 18:56:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

El Mié 08 Jun 2005 09:07, Stefan Grasse escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I got a question when downloading the newest
> postgresql-8.1dev-400.jdbc3.jar onto the Windows platform. Where do I have
> to store this jar ?
Any where on your hardrive. Ussually people have a specially directory where
they store jars. Other have a lib directory in their project directory. There
is no a standard way

> I have to unpack this jar, correct ?
No

> Do I have to set a CLASSPATH or similar variables (like PATH ?) ? If yes,
> what value should this variable have ?
You have to add the postgresql-8.1dev-400.jdbc3.jar to your classpath. There
are several ways to do that.
* If you are compiling from the command prompt
javac -classpath .:/path/to/jdebc/jar Project.java (on unix)
javac -classpath .;\path\to\jdebc\jar Project.java (on windows)

* If you use a IDE, you have to consult your IDE documentation in order to add
the jdbc jar to your classpath.

I hope to have helped
Nelson Arapé
PD: Sorry for my english