Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Robert Treat'" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-08 09:49:38
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

What do you think about the naming of the "new" site. Should we go on with
"techdocs" or "postgres developer network (pgdn)"?

Could you also provide information about the database version that is
preferred (hopefully 8.++) and the PHP modules that is available at this
moment. I would like to make my development environment same as the current
configurations of postgres.org. For php, a <? phpinfo(); ?> should be more
than enough.

> From our point of view, we will also be interested in maintenance of the
> site - how do we add/remove/edit HTML docs, how do we add/remove other
> docs (PDFs etc) and that sort of thing.

This is an important point of attention. If we want to put the content
"outside" the database then we would have to index the content somehow for
searching. To that, if the content is decided to be saved "inside" the
database then we have to discuss the how the resources used in the content
would we accessed.

For example: Let's say we have some html content saved inside the database,
and this page has a coupe of images. Where would these images be saved? And
how would these be accessed again?

Regards,
Gevik.