Re: Google's Summer of Code ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jharris(at)tvi(dot)edu>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, rhassan(at)cs(dot)purdue(dot)edu
Subject: Re: Google's Summer of Code ...
Date: 2005-06-01 21:17:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

'k, since there appears to be interest, I've tried to read a bit more up
on it, specifically the FAQs ... seems simple enough, but someone else may
have found a link that I haven't ...

Basically, developer (ie. Ramy Hassan) would go to:

http://code.google.com/soc_application.html

Fill out this form and put 'Other' for Sponsor, and PostgreSQL Global
Development Group in the blank space provided ... I can't find any
specific "sponsor application form" on Google, but, again, may be missing
something ...

I've sent a note off to Google asking for more information on becoming a
mentor, will post once I hear back more ...

While waiting, for any students that are interested, can I suggest going
to the above URL, look at what is requested in preparation ...

----