Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt(at)metux(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Encryption (now required by law in Italy)
Date: 2005-04-29 02:18:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

* Silvana Di Martino <silvanadimartino(at)tin(dot)it> wrote:

<snip>
> We just think it is easier and safer to encrypt the whole database, or even
> the whole disk, than try to understand what the law actually means.

BTW politicians should have to be enforced to tell people what their
laws really mean. Representants voting for some law they cannot explain
to plain people should get corporal punishment.

cu
Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact(at)metux(dot)de
Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
http://www.fxignal.net/