Re: oids as primary keys?

From: Andres Ledesma <alchir(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: oids as primary keys?
Date: 2005-04-15 19:26:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

If you're creating a database, you probably have a
data model about that 'thing' you're trying to craft
your system upon.

If this table in which you used the oids as PK
correspond to any object of your model, you better use
a unique attribute to identify that object, keeping
the semantics and the spirit of the relational model.

Just an idea !

Andres ...