Re: Problems on "copy" statement

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Keith Worthington <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
Cc: lap01(at)netvigator(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems on "copy" statement
Date: 2005-04-13 17:07:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 12:43:09PM -0400, Keith Worthington wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:24:42 +0800, Leung Wing Lap Ellery wrote
> >
> > SELECT schemaname, tablename
> > FROM pg_tables
> > WHERE tablename ILIKE '%hsi%';
> >
> > get:
> >
> > schemaname tablename
> >
> > public
> >

> > HSI
>
> I wonder if there are some hidden characters or perhaps whitespace in the
> table name. It seems odd that the output of Michael's suggestion is split
> across several lines.

Hmmm...when I saw that I assumed it was just a matter of message
formatting. Is that what the query output really looks like? What
client are you using? If you run the query in psql then the output
should look like this:

schemaname | tablename
------------+-----------
public | HSI
(1 row)

If the COPY command I suggested in another message still fails with
"relation does not exist" then please copy and paste the output of
the following query:

SELECT schemaname, quote_ident(tablename)
FROM pg_tables
WHERE tablename ILIKE '%hsi%';

--
Michael Fuhr