Windows 2000 Installation Issue

From: Marc Ayres <acousticmarc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows 2000 Installation Issue
Date: 2005-03-24 16:17:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I have fiddled about with the Postgres 8.0 Intallation
on Windows 2000 now for a couple days, refusing to ask
for help and instead digging away in the archives
section in an attempt not to bug anyway with a silly
question from a beginner. No luck as of yet, thus my
patience is growing thin.

I have downloaded the zipped file to my desktop,
unzipped it into a folder named Postgres8.0. When I
double click the file to begin the Windows
Installation, select my language, click "Start>" I get
the following error message:

Error
Failed to create process: 2!

This is a freshly installed version of Windows 2000
Professional. File system is NTFS. Yesterday the
event viewer mentioned something about an MUI wrapper.

Could someone please lend me a hand if you could or if
the information provided isn't sufficient enough, let
me know what you need.

Sincerely,

Marc