BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()

From: "Cade Cairns" <cadec(at)otii(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1558: memory leak in libpq connectDBStart()
Date: 2005-03-22 19:13:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1558
Logged by: Cade Cairns
Email address: cadec(at)otii(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
Operating system: MacOSX 10.3.8
Details:

The leak occurs when libpq can not establish a connection to the database
server, in my case when it is not running. I believe that when a caller
calls PQreset() or PQresetStart(), the subsequent call to connectDBStart()
clobbers the previous value of addrlist in the PGconn. Presumably,
closePGconn() should be destroying this value.