Re: Uploading large files

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: cima <ruel(dot)cima(at)facinf(dot)uho(dot)edu(dot)cu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Uploading large files
Date: 2005-03-16 04:04:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:44:28PM -0500, cima wrote:

> im working with mandrake 10, using postgresql 7.4 and php to make a
> web site. i want to be able to upload image files to my database and
> show the image in a web page later. there seems to be some problem with
> the upload related to the permissions somewhere because i cant upload
> the files. i suspect it has to do with where the web server (apache 2)
> uploads the file temporarily for it to then process it or upload it to
> the server. can anybody help? or can you suggest an alternative to
> upload the image files?

This sounds more like a PHP issue than a PostgreSQL issue. I'd
suggest going through the relevant PHP documentation or asking in
a PHP newsgroup or mailing list where there's more PHP experience.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.file-upload.php
http://www.php.net/manual/es/features.file-upload.php

--
Michael Fuhr