BUG #1544: Problems with ODBC

From: "Pavlo Zhezhnych" <zizu(at)ua(dot)fm>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1544: Problems with ODBC
Date: 2005-03-14 12:43:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1544
Logged by: Pavlo Zhezhnych
Email address: zizu(at)ua(dot)fm
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: Windows 2000/XP
Details:

I installed PostgreSQL and ODBC driver on my computer under Windows 2000 and
used MS Access as a client program.
I created tables with varchar(50) primary key, and accessed them with MS
Access creating linking tables.
There was no problem, if I inserted latin letters or digits into a primary
key of a MS Access linking table.
But I'm ukrainian and tried to insert ukrainian letters into the primary key
via ODBC. I received a strange message from ODBC that some wrong characters
encountered.
In pgAdminIII I saw that my records were successfully inserted (even with
cyrillic letters in primary key).
I suppose that there are some bugs in ODBC driver, especially in cyrillic
letters processing in primary keys.