is there a way to find out if an element is exist in an array

From: b t <qtboyzz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: is there a way to find out if an element is exist in an array
Date: 2005-03-03 10:16:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

As part of my project, we have to build a tool similar to phppgadmin, I want to find out if a particular is in what group, I used "select grolist from pg_group where groname = 'webmaster';" it returned an array of user in group "webmaster" I want to find out if a particular user is in that array.
Thanks in advance
-Brian

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!