Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Date: 2005-02-01 22:20:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

The issue is with a select 'Infinity'::float4/'Infinity'::float4; which should return NAN. without the cast I get the
overflow message from CheckFloat4Val with the cast I get NAN (as expected). How about testing for isnan() inside
CheckFloat4Val (just for PARISC / Linux)?

I am trying to get this system working for the buildfarm as there are NO other HP PARISC system on the farm.

Jim