Re: Script terminates even though ON_ERROR_STOP not set

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Bradley Kieser <brad(at)kieser(dot)net>
Cc: PgSQL ADMIN <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Script terminates even though ON_ERROR_STOP not set
Date: 2005-01-15 00:56:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 06:11:27PM +0000, Bradley Kieser wrote:

> Okay, Michael gets that trophy! Thanks Michael, it needed a commit.
> However, this is odd. I get a "No transaction in progress" error coming
> out on the commit, but at least it works, so I am happy!

What version of the client and server are you using? For the client
run "psql --version"; for the server execute "SELECT version();".
Where do you have autocommit set? PostgreSQL 7.4 removed autocommit
from the server and added it to the client; I wonder if you're using
differing client and server versions that are causing confusion.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/