PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Release Candidate 5
Date: 2005-01-11 20:15:41
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Due to several small, and one fairly large, bugs that were found in
Release Candidate 4, we have been forced to release our 5th Release (and
hopefully last) Candidate so that we can get some proper testing in on the
changes before release.

A current list of *known* supported platforms can be found at:

http://developer.postgresql.org/supported-platforms.html

We're always looking to improve that list, so we encourage anyone that is
running a platform not listed to please report on any success or failures with
Release Candidate 4.

Baring *any* coding changes (documentation != code) over the next week or so,
we *hope* that this will the final Release Candidate before Full Release, with
that being aimed for the 19th of January.

As always, this release is available on all mirrors, as listed at:

http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp

For those using Bittorrent, David Fetter has updated the .torrents,
available at:

http://bt.postgresql.org

Please report any bug reports with this Release Candidate to:

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

----