Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server
Date: 2004-12-16 19:50:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 11:14:03PM -0800, William Yu wrote:

> I'm not sure why people say one is better than the other. Both will
> survive the loss of 2 drives -- they're just different drives.

Partly, I think, people who've used both hate 0+1 because of the
recovery cost. In most 0+1 arrangements (I'm aware of none which
don't do this), you have to re-sync the entire thing in case you lose
even one drive. Performance really suffers at that point.

I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to. That actually seems sort of quaint now.
--J.D. Baldwin