\d output to a file

From: sarlav kumar <sarlavk(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsqlnovice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsqlperform <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: \d output to a file
Date: 2004-12-15 14:38:22
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

Hi All,

I would like to write the output of the \d command on all tables in a database to an output file. There are more than 200 tables in the database. I am aware of \o command to write the output to a file. But, it will be tough to do the \d for each table manually and write the output to a file. Is there a command/ way in which I can achieve this without having to do it for each table?
Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Saranya