test coverage (was: Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1)

From: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: test coverage (was: Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1)
Date: 2004-11-18 21:19:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 15:12, Kris Jurka wrote:
> You seem to be going through some complicated gyrations to test
> outdated software. Why not test 8.0beta and CTS 1.3.1?

I _am_ going to run CTS 1.3.1 sometime soon. Just wanted to make sure
I understood what the story was with 1.2.1. When I first posted my
results in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-10/msg00279.php, no one
seemed to know whether or not 510 failures out of 1778 tests was the
correct number and why the failure rate was so high. I now have a
satisfactory answer to that question. In case anyone cares, my
scripts for running CTS 1.2.1 and generating an error report can be
found here:
http://people.redhat.com/vadimn/scratch/pgsql-jdbc/cts/

Dave suggested repeatedly that energy would be better spent on
expanding existing test coverage. I agree that this is a worthwhile
goal and will be happy to help when and where I can.

Here's what the current coverage looks like:
http://people.redhat.com/vadimn/scratch/pgsql-jdbc/emma/2004-11-18/

Vadim