Re: PostgreSQL in the press again

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date: 2004-11-15 15:26:01
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 02:05:21AM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:

> In the case of eRServer, the way the snapshot system was constructed
> led to "gratuitous memory use," and that's not an obvious result of
> either 1. or 2.

Something else that's worth noting: erserver was designed against
PostgreSQL 7.1. So it had a number of limitations it was working
with that we, in happier later days, don't have to worry about any
more.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland