Re: Why is Gborg still listed?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why is Gborg still listed?
Date: 2004-10-30 17:45:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> PgOleDB
>>> pl/Java
>>> Slony
>>> npgsql
>>

>> these were all before we had PgFoundry in place ... there are procedures
>> being worked on to move projects over with minimal loss of data (ie.
>> database conversion routines from gborg schema -> pgfoundry schema), but
>> they haven't been finalized yet ...
>
> O.k., maybe I am just dense but the plan IMHO should be:
>
> You have 60 days to move your stuff.
> After 60 days, Gborg will become read only.
> After 90 days, the Gborg domain will automatically redirect to
> projects.postgresql.org
>
> I bet people move there stuff then.

Its not the project admin's that is at issue ... if you would like to
become one of the PgFoundry admin, please talk to Josh Berkus about it,
but right now, its on the 'PgFoundry' side that the bottleneck is ...
unless, of course, you are advocating scrapping/deleting off the trouble
tickets and such on the gborg project side, and having each project start
from scratch?

Not 100% certain what your problem is though ... ppl are visiting both
sites, and finding what they are looking for ... is there a specific
reason you feel that there is a panic to move ppl from GBorg -> PgFoundry?

----