Re: column updates

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: column updates
Date: 2004-10-29 21:54:05
Lists: pgsql-general

The number of dead tuples is the number of UPDATE statements you make.
You if you just do a straight UPDATE x set f1=x, f2=y, ... that will be
as optimal as you can get.

The only exception may be toasted fields, which would only apply if you
had fields with more than 2K of data or so...

Hope this helps,