Re: Shared dependencies

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Shared dependencies
Date: 2004-10-29 00:02:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 01:30:31AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Hi,

> So the first obvious question: should I create two separate catalogs,
> one for users and other for tablespaces?

Ok, so no opinions? Nobody objects to me creating two new shared
catalogs to keep track of dependency on global objects, one for
user/groups and other for tablespaces?

Bob [Floyd] used to say that he was planning to get a Ph.D. by the "green
stamp method," namely by saving envelopes addressed to him as 'Dr. Floyd'.
After collecting 500 such letters, he mused, a university somewhere in
Arizona would probably grant him a degree. (Don Knuth)