FAQ and Windows

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FAQ and Windows
Date: 2004-10-28 20:34:27
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi

I was trying to clarify the installation options for Windows and noticed
all mention of the Cygwin package has been dropped from the FAQ.
Attached is a patch mentioning this is the only option
for DOS-based Windows (95 ~ ME) - someone is bound to ask - and with links to
the relevant FAQs. I also bumped the current version number.

On a related note I'd suggest adding the "Native Win32 FAQ"
( http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/FAQ_windows.html ) to the
list at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/#faqs .

Ian Barwick
barwick(at)gmx(dot)net