Re: Next steps, expanded web press pack

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next steps, expanded web press pack
Date: 2004-10-12 16:48:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Rob,

> I can't really be of help with the text, but I did (with 7.4 and the
> iso's) and will again help seed all the new stuff via bittorrent on my
> cable and DSL connections.

What does "seeding" mean?

> It might be overkill but a mailing list for pg bittorrent supporters
> would be nice to get notified of when there is a new file to be seeded.
> Also, 2 ideas:

I wouldn't know. Talk to David Fetter.

> Can we list the bittorrent stuff on the front page this time instead of
> listing it at the bottom of the ftp page?

We generally link BT prominently from the announcement of the new version.

> If people only see ftp on the front page they don't think to open the
> ftp page to look for bt links.
> I want to make it as easy as possible for people to download pg stuff.

Yes, agreed -- and to lower the load on our servers!

> Would it be possible to get bt's of the popular add-in listed on the
> same page as the main pg bt's ?

I'm sure that David Fetter (david(at)fetter(dot)org) would love your help in setting
that up.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions