Announce: pgstream, a new C++ wrapper library

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Announce: pgstream, a new C++ wrapper library
Date: 2004-10-08 13:31:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

In the course of a postgresql-based project, I've written a C++ library
with a stream-like API and some support classes on top of libpq.
For those who know the Oracle Template Library
(http://otl.sourceforge.net), the API is a bit similar in spirit.

Anyway, I've decided to document and release it in case it might be of
use for other people:

http://www.manitou-mail.org/pgstream

In short, the goal of the library is to improve code readability and
concisness by taking charge of the necessary but boring stuff around
libpq calls. It also uses newer libpq calls (new=V3 protocol) to
deal with binary contents, prepared queries and bound parameters.
See the URL above for feature list, documentation, and download link.

BTW it won't compile for postgresql-7.3 or older, 7.4 at least is
required.

--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org