Re: Win32 libpq : Static Link ?

From: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Oliver D(dot)" <oliver(at)inadd(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 libpq : Static Link ?
Date: 2004-10-04 06:22:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I was able to link statically, but I have not tried
VC7. I heard that VC7 enforces that you distribute the
RT DLL with the app. Are you having troubles running
the app on the machine you compiled on, or another
machine? If the latter, then I believe you need to
copy over msvcr70.dll as well.

For VC6, these are the libs I had to link in to get it
working (in addition to the standard ones):

libpq.lib wsock32.lib MSVCRT.lib

I'm not even close to being a Win guru, so I am not
sure if this makes sense...I basically got it working
by trial and error :)

HTH,

--brett