creating a view from multiple tables (13 tables)

From: Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: creating a view from multiple tables (13 tables)
Date: 2004-09-24 21:08:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear Group,
I have 13 tables with duplication of elements and
14th tables that has all the unique elements of 13
tables. What I do not have in 14th table are columns
that are part of these 13 tables.
I wanted to male a view with all 14 tables.

My code looks like this:
CREATE VIEW affy_annotation AS
SELECT
affy_unique_probeset.affy_probeset_name,
fc_probe_set_id,
fc_aeneChip_array,
fc_species_scientific_name,
fc_annotation_date,
..........................,
FROM
affy_unique_probeset,
affy_hc_g110,
affy_hg_focus,
affy_********,
affy_********,
*************,

WHERE affy_unique_probeset.affy_probeset_name =
fc_Probe_Set_ID;

=>\i /home/...../..../postgres/marray2/view.sql

psql:/home/../temp/postgres/marray2/view.sql:58:
ERROR: column reference "fc
_probe_set_id" is ambiguous

In my case every table (13 numbers) has 20 columns and
column names are identical.
In the select statement it is difficult to specify
every table name . column name and do this for 20
times for every chip.

So could any one let me know how to create a view from
multiple tables.