Re: Caching of Queries

From: "Jason Coene" <jcoene(at)gotfrag(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Caching of Queries
Date: 2004-09-23 19:24:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

Update:

I just tried running the same test (ab with 150 concurrent connections)
while connecting to postgres through 35 persistent connections (PHP
library), and had roughly the same type of results. This should eliminate
the "new connection" overhead. I've attached top and vmstat. I let it run
until it had completed 800 requests. Unless I'm missing something, there's
more than the "new connection" IO load here.

Jason

Attachment Content-Type Size
ab_150conn_35persistconn.txt text/plain 4.6 KB