LockAcquire: lock table 1 is out of memory

From: Betsy Barker <betsy(dot)barker(at)supportservicesinc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LockAcquire: lock table 1 is out of memory
Date: 2004-09-13 15:16:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,
I am getting the following error while running a series of stored procedures. I have increased the max_locks_per_transaction
parameter from 64 (the default) to 128 and I still received this error. Can anyone tell me waht else I could do?

Thank you!

WARNING: ShmemAlloc: out of memory
WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function get_facility_percentiles
WARNING: line 37 at execute statement
ERROR: LockAcquire: lock table 1 is out of memory

--
Betsy Barker
IT Manager