Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =

From: Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: David Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =
Date: 2004-08-27 12:27:27
Lists: pgsql-general

> >> It does?
> >
> > Well, there are just a lot of things that you want to be sort of
> > automatic that you end up having to do by hand.
>
> Such as? It's not a rhetorical question; I honestly don't know. For me,
> C locale simply solved my problem.

I would expect to run into problems with collation. In that case, you
may end up setting up separate databases for each language, as I
mentioned before in the mail that I forgot to post to the list so people
could correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that, it depends on what functions the database will have.

If what is being done with the CJKT is pretty basic stuff, I may be just
another too-pessimistic voice.

--
Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>