Re: Query kills machine.

From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query kills machine.
Date: 2004-08-25 14:30:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

Tom Lane mentioned :
=> Not if you haven't got the RAM to support it :-(
=>
=> Another thing you might look at is ANALYZEing the tables again after
=> you've loaded all the new data. The row-count estimates seem way off
=> in these plans. You might need to increase the statistics target,
=> too, to get better plans.

Thanks Tom, Christopher and Magnus!

I tested this, and found the correct sort_mem setting for my situation.
I'm testing a new default_statistics_target setting.
This is something I never considered.

Kind Regards
Stefan