Re: Candidate new site design

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Candidate new site design
Date: 2004-08-25 17:19:21
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert,

> I think the plan is actually to split events and training into two
> separate pieces. Take a look at php.net to see how they did it.

If you're splitting, can we please split news into "Project News" and "Product
Announcements"? Betas, etc, are starting to get buried by projects and
commercial software that uses PG.

I think it's important to the submitters ... and to the community ... that
annoucements make it on the home page, even if only for a couple of days.
For the submitter, this gives a chance for 50,000 people to see the
announcement, and for the community it gives them an incentive to check the
home page every day.

Someday we should also augment the "Submit Event/News" scripts so that they
automatically post to pgsql-announce; it would save some effort.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions