Re: DBase Monitor

From: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)lurza(dot)secnetix(dot)de>
To: steve(at)retsol(dot)co(dot)uk (Steve Tucknott)
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org (PostGreSQL)
Subject: Re: DBase Monitor
Date: 2004-08-24 09:47:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Steve Tucknott wrote:
> Is there a 'monitor' utility that shows connected sessions details (ie
> who is connected, what they are executing etc)?

If you want to see a current "snapshot" of connected clients
and their activity, it's quite simple, just look at the
pg_stat_activity system table. From the UNIX command line
you can type:

psql -c "SELECT * FROM pg_stat_activity" template1

For convenience, I made myself a shell alias for that. ;-)

Hope that helps.

Best regards
Oliver

"And believe me, as a C++ programmer, I don't hesitate to question
the decisions of language designers. After a decent amount of C++
exposure, Python's flaws seem ridiculously small." -- Ville Vainio