pgsql 8.0.0b1 - openssl detection

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <v13(at)it(dot)teithe(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql 8.0.0b1 - openssl detection
Date: 2004-08-17 19:11:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi there...

I'm trying to compile pgsql 8.0.0b1.

It seems that you've removed the possibility to add an argument to
--with-openssl option of the configure script. Currently I'm maintaining two
systems where the openssl is not somewhere in the standard paths and thus the
only way to compile with SSL seems to be by setting appropriate CFLAGS,
CXXGLAGS and LDFLAGS before running the configure script.

I believe that there may be other people out there with similar systems, so
you may consider reverting this change back...

Thanks in advance,

<<V13>>