Re: What we need (Was: Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?)

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-08-14 03:04:32
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Right now, I think its pretty safe to say that things are looking like the
> release will be *at least* 2 months away .. do we have a TODO list of what
> should be done by then, in preparation? For instance, you mention below a
> Tutorial, but does one exist right now that can be linked in, or does one
> need to be created?

We have:

P O S T G R E S Q L

8 . 0 O P E N I T E M S

Current version at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Changes
-------
* Win32
o binary version stamps
o signal safe socket handler
o query cancel in psql (?)
o Report correct errno codes from native Windows system calls
o Shorten timezone for %t log_line_prefix
o start pg_autovacuum easily
o fix pitr file copy syntax
* fix dbsize and oid2name for tablespaces
* allow libpq to check parameterized data types
* make pgxs install the default
* add xid to log_line_prefix for PITR
* add psql tab completion for tablespaces
* cleanup FRONTEND use in /port, malloc, elog

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us