Re: Admin functions contrib

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Admin functions contrib
Date: 2004-08-01 01:14:31
Lists: pgsql-patches

This logging issue has drained a lot of time during feature freeze when
we should be getting existing patches in and completed.

I am willing to apply a perfect patch but I am not willing to spend
anymore time on this than I have to. This is all something that
shouldn't be happening during feature freeze.

I realize this patch is important to Andreas but every patch is
important to its author.

We have done just fine without this functionality for years so I don't
see the rush to get it in. You can say Win32 will make it more
significant, but if it doesn't work on Win32 yet, the argument doesn't
work.

And I am not going to apply a patch with the promise that a more
complete one is coming later.

I am not saying I am going to reject the patch if it arrives but I am
not but I am not going to be upset if it doesn't make it in until 7.6.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us