Re: initdb failing !

From: S R <irq7service(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Daniel Secomb <dan(at)ds-d(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb failing !
Date: 2004-07-27 23:25:54
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Thanks Daniel. That did it. I was missing this
important step. I do not think I saw it in any of the
documents.

Regards,
SR

--- Daniel Secomb <dan(at)ds-d(dot)com> wrote:
> Run the following in your shell before running
> cygserver:
>
> export CYGWIN=server
>
> That should do it.
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Daniel Secomb
> Creative Director
> DS Design
> ABN 33 721 455 978
> PO Box 4540,
> Lake Haven NSW 2263
> Australia
> [p] +61 2 4393 6305
> [f] +61 2 4393 6306
> [m] +61414 571 500
> mailto:dan(at)ds-d(dot)com
> http://www.ds-d.com/
>
> Take a look at our latest web development project:
> http://www.specialfx.com.au/
>
> From the US, UK or Europe? Why not take advantage of
> the weaker Australian
> dollar? Click the following link
> http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for a currency
> conversion and find out how much you'll save!!

> The material contained in this email may be
> confidential, and may also be
> the subject of copyright and/or privileged
> information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying
> of this document is
> prohibited. If you have received this document in
> error, please advise the
> sender and delete the document.
>
> This email communication does not create or vary any
> contractual
> relationship between DS Design and you. Internet
> communications are not
> secure and accordingly DS Design does not accept any
> legal liability for the
> contents of this message.
>
> Please note that neither DS Design nor the sender
> accepts any responsibility
> for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan
> the email and any
> attachments.

POSTGRES_DESCR=/usr/share/postgresql/postgres.descrip

POSTGRESQL_CONF_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/postgres

PG_HBA_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.sampl

PG_IDENT_SAMPLE=/usr/share/postgresql/pg_ident.conf.s