Here is another patch that fixes a stack of pg_dump bugs:
* Fix help text ordering
* Add back --set-session-authorization to pg_dumpall. Updated the docs
for that. Updated help for that.
* Dump ALTER USER commands for the cluster owner ("pgsql"). These are
dumped AFTER the create user and create database commands in case the
permissions to do these have been revoked.
* Dump ALTER OWNER for public schema (because it's possible to change
it). This was done by adding TOC entries for the public schema, and
filtering them out at archiver time. I also save the owner in the TOC
entry just for the public schema.
* Suppress dumping single quotes around schema_path and DateStyle
options when they are set using ALTER USER or ALTER DATABASE. Added a
comment to the steps in guc.c to remind people to update that list.
* Fix dumping in --clean mode against a pre-7.3 server. It just sets
all drop statements to assume the public schema, allowing it to restore
* Cleaned up text output. eg. Don't output -- Tablespaces comment if
there are none. Same for groups and users.
* Make the commands to DELETE FROM pg_shadow and DELETE FROM pg_group
only be output when -c mode is enabled. I'm not sure why that hasn't
been done before?!?!
This should be good for application asap, after which I will start on
regression dumping 7.0-7.4 databases.
pg_dumpall.sgml (r1.45 -> r1.46)
guc.c (r1.220 -> r1.221)
pg_backup_archiver.c (r1.89 -> r1.90)
pg_dump.c (r1.379 -> r1.380)
pg_dumpall.c (r1.44 -> r1.45)
pgsql-committers by date
|Next:||From: Christopher Kings-Lynne||Date: 2004-07-20 01:25:38|
|Subject: Re: pgsql-server: Fix incorrect tracking of session|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2004-07-19 21:02:43|
|Subject: pgsql-server: Fix incorrect tracking of session authorization in the |