Re: Slony-1 in 7.4.3 RPM

From: Kaj J(dot)Niemi <mail(dot)sw(dot)pg(dot)ports(at)spam(dot)fi(dot)basen(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slony-1 in 7.4.3 RPM
Date: 2004-07-13 16:53:31
Lists: pgsql-ports

> Since Slony I requires a full PostgreSQL source tree against which to build,
> it makes sense to me to package it together (in a separate subpackage,
> perhaps) with the main RPM set.

Right. That's how it is with the patch I submitted. The alternative is to
use something similar to the .spec file that comes with slony1 and extend
it to include the postgresql source tree, build it with some sane options
and then compile Slony-1 while discarding the postgresql sources.

I don't have a problem with either option as long as somebody makes the
policy decision what to do. ;-) I am trying to avoid doing something which
is only relevant to a single project (the one I'm working on right now)
and thus would prefer to package something that benefits everybody.

Thanks.

--
Kaj J. Niemi
+358 45 63 12000