Re: Insert binary data on postgre

From: Eduardo S(dot) Fontanetti <dufuzzy(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Insert binary data on postgre
Date: 2004-06-25 12:43:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

I forgot a little, or better, a big detail, to do this
translating from binary to ANSI of a file with 100Kb,
it will return something like 500000 bytes, and this
process is very, very and very slow. Then I need to
use another way.

I've tried to use the Replace native function from the
VB to put a backslash before the ' on the string, but
it hadn't worked, I think it don't interprets the
character like postgres. Somebody knows how to solve
it? How to identify the character exactly like the
postgres?

Thanks
Eduardo

--- "Eduardo S. Fontanetti" <dufuzzy(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
escreveu: > I am using bytea data type and Visual
Basic 6.