ERROR: Unable to format timestamp; internal coding error

From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: Unable to format timestamp; internal coding error
Date: 2004-06-23 16:07:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I've narrowed my problem down to the following
Java Timestamp that I managed to insert into
a postgres 7.3.4 database :
Timestamp : '1475666-11-30 02:00:00.0'

My problem is, that when I try and select from the table I inserted
this timestamp into, I get the following error :
ERROR: Unable to format timestamp; internal coding error

OR if I try converting it :

=# select date(hpacc_cancelled) from hp_acc;
ERROR: Unable to convert timestamp to date
=# select to_char(hpacc_cancelled,'YYYY') from hp_acc where hpacc_cancelled is not null;
ERROR: to_char(): Unable to convert timestamp to tm

Is there any way I can isolate these and fix them on the database ?
Is there a way to select the values in the table?

Kind Regards
Stefan