Re: Just to give an idea ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Just to give an idea ...
Date: 2004-06-06 01:26:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> So it seems to me that there is something broken in PHP causing these
> load problems that we are only hitting in certain circumstances.
>
> BTW, index.php is working just fine right now :-(

'k, keep an eye on that and see how it runs ... I just upgraded PHP on
the template to 4.3.7, which:

Fixed a number of crashes inside pgsql, cpdf and gd extensions.

now, granted, the pages have been working, but am curious as to whether or
not some weren't manifested as crashes, but slow downs ...

> Don't kill the indexer processes unless absolutely necessary - that can
> screw the database up. Use '/usr/local/aspseek/bin/indexer -E' to safely
> terminate the running indexers. It can take a little while to shut them
> down...

k, just added a 'shutdown-aspseek' alias to the VM, so that its documented
*somewhere* ;)

----