PostgreSQL Connection Problem via TCP/IP socket

From: "Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)" <andreil1(at)starlett(dot)lv>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Connection Problem via TCP/IP socket
Date: 2004-06-05 19:02:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I have (again) dumb problem with PostgreSQL connection (from PHP) on SuSE 9.1
via tcp/ip socket. I have set "tcpip_socket = true" in postgresql.conf, and
enabled all connections from localhost, and of course, restarted PostgreSQL
server.

Quite strange, I CAN connect to PostgreSQL with Webmin and PhpPgAdmin (with
connection set via UNIX domain socket). However, I CANNOT connect via tcp/ip
socket despite option in postgresql.conf.

Anyone knows what cause this problem?

***   with best regards
***   Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
***   Mac, Linux, DTP, Programming Web Site
***
***   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/